At Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures, we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
When this policy refers to “ATSA”, “us”, “we” or “our” it refers to Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures Limited, which is responsible as the Data Controller for the security and management of your personal information.
Information we collect
Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures collects personal information about you through a number of sources, depending on the circumstances of your engagement with us. Personal information collected and held by ATSA may include:
- Your name, email address, contact details, gender, date of birth, dietary requirements, relevant medical background, nationality, school, local business name, emergency contacts details; and
- Details of sailing activities you have either participated in or enquired about, including feedback and testimonials.
Personal data is either supplied by you directly to ATSA, or provided to us by someone booking on behalf of your group. Information not collected on our online booking form is additionally sourced at check in or via email and other direct sailing tour communications, including social media. We may also collect personal information if you choose to enter a promotion, subscribe to our newsletter, or request a brochure or other document or information.
Your payment information taken at time of booking is securely stored on our booking site and is not available to view in its entirety, nor is it accessed or processed by ATSA unless otherwise agreed upon as stated in agreement to our Terms and Conditions. The online booking system used complies with SSl security and is PCI compliant, ensuring you’re booking process is secure. All credit card details are automatically deleted from the booking system 30 days after the tour date or booked date (if date is not applicable)
What we do with your information
We collect, hold, use and selectively disclose personal information about you in order to administer the function of providing the most suitable customer service. In the performance of our normal business activities we may use your information in the following ways:
- To contact you through a range of mediums to discuss any engagement you may have had with us, including your confirmed sailing tour, any feedback you may have provided, or any other service you have requested us to perform.
- To make improvements to our sailing tours, our website, booking forms and marketing, and to provide insights that help us to meet your needs better.
- To promote our sailing activities. Feedback and testimonials provided, along with your name and images shared by ATSA guests may be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
- To produce research and analysis for the purposes of measuring and communicating the impact of our activities.
In summary, we process your personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include:
- Presenting to you information that we believe will be of interest and relevance, through a range of marketing and communication channels.
- Identifying and recommending sailing activities or associated services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Enhancing, modifying personalising or otherwise improving your experience of our website, marketing or communications.
- To better understand the effectiveness of our website, marketing and communications with you. We may choose to market and promote this information to you via a wide range of mediums based on personal information held.
Whenever we process your data for this purpose we will keep your personal information rights in high regard and take steps to safeguard personal information. You can opt-out of receiving marketing information, or allowing us to process your information for these purposes at any time by using ‘unsubscribe’ links, or contacting us directly.
Who we share your information with
We will only use your personal information within Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures Ltd for the purposes for which it was obtained. We do not provide your personal information to other third-parties without a lawful ground for that disclosure. We will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal information with any third party for their own marketing purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies, charities or other organizations as a result of giving your details to us. Where your personal information is transferred to a third party we ensure that suitable safeguards are put in place to ensure your personal information and rights are protected.
We may share your personal information with:
Internal stakeholders: In order to undertake the processing as set out above, our normal business and to provide you with a high quality of service and support, we may disclose your personal information to our employees, directors, contractors or approved third-party service providers.
Other networking partners: For the purpose of health and safety while delivering our combined sailing tours your basic information may be disclosed to our networking partners who are providing an activity which is part of your sailing tour. We do not allow these external organisations to use your data for their own purposes or disclose it to other third parties without our consent and we will take all reasonable care to ensure that they keep your personal information secure.
We respect your right to know details about the information we hold about you, and to correct any inaccuracies in our records. You can view and amend much of the personal information online, however if you require further details you can contact us directly. All requests for personal information will be acknowledged and provided within 30 business days.
Should you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from ATSA at any stage you can notify us by using ‘unsubscribe’ links or other opt-out tools provided in email communications. Similarly, you can request that we permanently remove all personal information that we currently hold about you by contacting us. Once we are suitably notified, we will action your request within a reasonable timeframe.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time, the right to request the personal information we hold about you is rectified, that any of our processing is restricted and the right to data portability. You can also choose not to provide us with some of the personal information we request, however this may result in us being unable to provide you with all of our services. Please contact us for further details about any of these rights.
Although we try our best, ATSA does not guarantee that website visitors will have uninterrupted or error-free access to, and use of our website. We also can’t guarantee that any files that are able to be downloaded are error-free and free from viruses or other defects. All website users need to rely on their own judgement in relation to the accuracy, completeness and suitability of all content on the ATSA website.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International - +64 3 527 8375
- NZ Toll Free - 0800 467 245
By post to Privacy Officer, Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures Ltd, 46 Martin Street, Monaco, Nelson 7011, New Zealand.
We aim to ensure your query is responded to and resolved in a timely and manner.
If you would like to make a complaint or learn more about your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) or any other supervisory authority.Last updated: 2 June 2021