Mapua Cycle & SailNelson Full Day
This one day Cycle & Sail adventure takes in some of the most stunning scenery on Tasman’s Great Taste Trail, and the amazing experience of Sailing in Tasman Bay. We have teamed up with Kiwi Journeys Nelson who supply you with the bicycle and cycle equipment to provide you a great day out - a half day cycle, half day sail and chance to explore and dine at Mapua seaside village.
Mapua Seaside village is a vibrant hub of galleries, studios, restaurants, wine bars, cafes, shops and the Golden Bear Boutique Brewery. A Perfect destination for lunch while sampling the relaxed atmosphere and vibe.
Other Sail & Cycle options include:
- Morning Sail from Nelson to Mapua, then afternoon Cycle.
- Cycle from Kaiteriteri Beach to Mapua, catch the afternoon Sail back to Nelson
Total maximum cycling distance - 32 Km's (Nelson to Mapua), 40 km's (Kaiteriteri to Mapua). Bookings essential. Minimum numbers apply (6 sailors). Please provide your height at time of booking to assist with ease of your bike preparation.
- Meeting Place and Time: 9 am check-in, Kiwi Journeys, Nelson. 1:45pm check-in, Mapua Wharf.
- Depart & Returns from: Nelson CBD at 9:15 am, Return to Nelson Waterfront, 4:30 pm. Please note: Your Mapua Ferry crossing is at 12:10 pm from Rabbit Island. Your sailing catamaran will arrive to Mapua Wharf at 12:30 pm & depart again at 2 pm.
- What's included: Half day skippered sail tour, complimentary tea & coffee on board your catamaran, toilets on board. Cycle equipment (bicycle, helmet, repair kit, carrier bag, odometer and trail map), Mapua Ferry crossing.
- Essential to Bring: Small day bag, packed lunch, spending money for Mapua's fantastic cafe's & galleries, layers of warm clothing, wind proof jacket, comfortable cycling shoes, your own water bottle, plenty of sun screen (SPF 30+ is best), sun hat, sun glasses and your camera!