Learn to SailAbel Tasman Full Day
• Safety on board
• Get to know the yacht and sailing terms
• Hoisting sails
• Reading the wind
• Turning (tacking and jibbing)
• Sailing fast, slow and stopping
• Give way rules
• Anchoring and beach landing
• Sailing courses to destinations
• Charts and navigation
• Techniques for different wind strengths and sea conditions
• Reading the weather
• The influence of tide, currents and land
• Putting it all into practice!!
(Curriculum subject to change)
- Meeting Place and Time: 10:00am Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures ticket booth, Kaiteriteri beach.
- Departs & Returns from: Kaiteriteri Beach at 10 am, Return at 4:30 pm.
- What's included: Completion certificate
- Essential to Bring: Notepad, Lunch, layers of warm clothing, wind proof jacket, shoes that are easily removable, your own water bottle, plenty of sun screen (SPF 30+ is best), sun hat, sun glasses.
Please contact Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures directly to book your place.
Ph: 03 527 8375
Free: 0800 GO SAILING/0800467245