Overnight Sail - B&BAbel Tasman, Nelson Multi Day
Join a select few others in experiencing the Abel Tasman National Park with a difference. Sail the coastline of the Abel Tasman National park and stay on board our large comfortable catamaran JAMARH, eating fresh, locally prepared meals and waking to the birdsong of Adele Island. Cabins are private doubles or twin share, with private or share bathroom, suitable for 2 to 8 guests.
Breakfast & Dinner included.
- Sail the coastline from Kaiteriteri beach to Adele Island, taking in the golden beaches, bays and islands
- Sail past Split Apple Rock and stop to take your picture (bringing your camera is a must)
- Access to the yacht’s inventory including; sit on kayak, stand up paddle board, fishing & snorkelling gear, and dinghy
- Anchor in the lee of the island where you are welcome to go ashore (this island is predatory free and so the birdsong is amazing).
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery while our skipper takes care of dinner for you
- Watch the sunset from the best position in The Park
- Let the motion of the waves rock you gently to sleep on board your yacht, anchored in a secluded, boat only accessible part of the Abel Tasman
- Wake early to listen to the dawn course birdsong
- Sail back to Kaiteriteri beach during a serene part of the morning before the national park opens to other operators for the day.
Add On (separate booking required):
For those that really want to make the most of the pristine Abel Tasman National Park, there is also the option to add additional activities to the end of your overnight trip. You can disembark in the Abel Tasman mainland, rather than cruising back to our Kaiteriteri beach base. Options include:
- A coastal walk Watering Cove to Marahau (3.5 hours walk approximately)
- Combine a morning walk to Anchorage, to meet for the afternoon sail from Anchorage back to Kaiteriteri beach base.
- Combine a walk further north to Bark Bay with a return on an afternoon water taxi
This overnight trip is subject to minimum numbers (Min 3 sailors) and availability, sailing within the Abel Tasman National Park during the summer season only (December to April).
During winter months (May to November) a similar overnight tour can be arranged within the Nelson Harbor, boulder bank and light house visit included.
If the dates you are interested in are not listed as available, please enquire.
Will & Jennifer, Feb 2017: "An exotic cruise. Fresh mussels right off the beach. A symphony of native birds on Adele Island. A night under the stars. Who wouldn't want all that?!! This is a fantastic value."